Two Quick Recipes For Your Kitchen
Do you want to make Indian food but feel intimidated by the long list of ingredients and instructions and the long preparation times? Many Indian dishes go together quickly and you can have a meal ready in 45 minutes or less.
Once you have stocked your pantry with them as staple foods, you will be ready to add them to the dishes. Many others are easily modified to use the vegetables you have available. Here I have bought quick recipes for dishes that you can mix very fast.
Paneer Butter Masala
It is Indian cheese from which you can prepare the number of quick recipes. Paneer butter masala is a lighter and vegan choice. This recipe is very popular and original Punjabi.
- Preparation: 35 minutes
- Servings: 2 servings
- 2 cups of Paneer
- 1 Medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- One tablespoon of garlic paste and ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste/puree
- 1/2 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 1 pinch of dried leaves of fenugreek
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of cream for cooking
- 3 tablespoons of oil / Ghee
- salt (adjust to taste)
Steps To Follow
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry the paneer in cubes until golden brown. Drain and reserve.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon more oil and fry the onion until golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and sauté for a minute.
- Next, add the cilantro, the garam masala, chili powder, and a little salt. Fry for 30 seconds.
- To do this, add tomato paste/puree, tomato sauce and dried leaves of fenugreek. Mix well and add milk.
- Lower the heat and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the fried paneer and cream. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Methi Malai Kill
This is one of the traditional quick recipes from North India with fresh vegetables (asparagus, peas, beans and fenugreek leaves). It is usually served with hot Naan.
- Preparation: 20 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- a pinch of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 cups fresh peas without shell
- 1 cup of small leaves of fenugreek
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mango powder (amchur)
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- salt to taste
Steps To Follow
- Clean, wash and cut the leaves methi. Wash and drain the green peas.
- Peel, wash and chop the onions.
- Peel, wash and grind the ginger and garlic in a fine paste.
- Blanch the leaves methi in boiling water and cool with cold water.
- Heat the Ghee in a pan.
- Pour the chopped onion and cook until transparent.
- Then the methi leaves and sauté.
- Add the ginger and the garlic paste and continue sautéing for a minute more.
- Add red chili powder and peas.
- Cook for three or four minutes. Add amchur, cinnamon powder, and salt.
- Mix well. Cook for two or three minutes. Finish with the cream and serve.