This homemade chili recipe is a definite winner and every single morsel melts your heart with its combine’s variety of flavors. You can make this for every small family or friend gatherings.
Recipe For The Best Chili Dish You Must Try:
When cooking this homemade chili dish, there are few basic instructions you need to follow.
- You need at least 2 pounds turkey or venison or ground beef
- Almost four tablespoons of olive oil
- One big yellow chopped onions
- One chopped green bell pepper and four minced clove garlic
- You need three tablespoons of chili powder and two tablespoons of cumin
- Then one teaspoon of oregano, sugar, salt, and black ground pepper
- It would help if you had 28-oz of diced tomatoes, 15- 16 oz. Of tomato sauce, almost 16-oz. Of pinto and kidney beans, and finally 46- 48 oz. of tomato juice
- Then ¼ cup of finely chopped parsley and ¼ teaspoon pf cayenne powder
- Use of jalapeno is optional
- A cup of sour cream and cheddar cheese for final toppings
Steps To Make The Best Homemade Chili Recipe:
1. Step 1:
In step 1, you take a large Dutch oven with medium-high heat to cook ground beef until all perfect. Once done, transfer the meat and don not clean the grease instead, drain the excess fat.
2. Step 2:
After step 1, add olive oil at medium heat along with bell pepper, onions, jalapeno, parsley, and garlic. Remember to stir constantly without charring your onions. Once ready, remove the pan and add cumin, chili powder, oregano, salt, cayenne pepper, and sugar to the mixture.
3. Step 3:
Use a slow cooker for cooking your skillet, and then add the beef mixture to the stove. Add ingredients such as tomato juice, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, and kidney beans to your oven or skillet. Please leave it to cook in the slow cooker for almost 7 to 8 hours and finally serve with cheese toppings and sour cream dip.
Chili Recipe: Few Recipe Tips You Need To Know:
- Always remember to serve warm when you have cheese toppings and sour cream dip. You can choose alternative topping variety, such as minced jalapenos or sliced green onions.
- If you want to make your chili dish thicker, just replace the diced tomatoes with crushed tomatoes. Then reduce the tomato juice by half the amount.
- To keep your main dish chili, use ground chicken or turkey mean to stay on the leaner side.
- To give your food a delicious flavor, replace the one pound of ground beef with one pound of ground sausage.
- If you are trying for a different flavor, replace the pinto and kidney beans with black beans.
Few Side Dishes To Serve With The Chili Dish:
Alongside the shredded cheese toppings and sour cream dip, you can include a variety of these options too. You can use chopped green or fresh veggie salad or dinner rolls or Jalapeno cornbread.
A Simple Tip For Your Leftover Chili Dish:
There is always a high possibility of having leftovers, and this is mainly because the dish needs a large batch. You can always turn your chili dish leftovers into Chili Dog recipes, Chili Mac and Cheese, and finally, Chili-topped baked potatoes.